Plastic pollution

Take a minute to watch this video about plastic pollution, with commentary from Surfrider

Every minute, 19 tons of plastic are dumped in the ocean. Only 1% of plastic waste collects on the surface of the ocean; the remaining 99% breaks down into microparticles, which sink to the ocean floor.

This plastic catastrophe is the result of our overconsumption. Far too often, plastic is chosen over other materials, and it's difficult to repurpose all this plastic on a large scale. The impact on our ecosystem is so huge that within 30 years, the ocean will contain more plastic than marine life.

Eliminating plastic waste is crucial!.